This is the lead article in a series of 26 I am going to do entitled Skiing ABCs. It is NOT a presentation of basic ski technique but instead I will go over the jargon associated with skiing and Alpine sports in general.
Skiing and alpine sports have their own set of jargon and terms. The terms are sometimes unique to our sport but most of the time they are shared with other sports or other jargon-sets. The terms usually have a meaning specific to our sport quite different from their use in other areas. Of course I will be presenting the terms in the context of Alpine sports and skiing in particular.
Each page in the series is going to follow alphabetical order and will contain at least one word I can somehow associated to skiing and alpine sports. The terms will cover all aspects of the sport they may be pejoratives, related to gear, related to weather, related to fitness, related to ski resorts, and just wait and see!
- The Skiing ABCs O (January 28, 2018)
- The Skiing ABCs N (January 7, 2018)
- The Skiing ABCs M (January 1, 2018)
- The Skiing ABCs L (January 27, 2017)
- The Skiing ABCs K (November 27, 2016)
- The Skiing ABCs J (May 1, 2016)
- Skiing ABCs I (February 6, 2016)
- Skiing ABCs H (January 24, 2016)
- Skiing ABCs G (January 17, 2016)
- Skiing ABCs F (January 7, 2016)
- Skiing ABCs E (January 3, 2016)
- Skiing ABCs D (December 31, 2015)
- Skiing ABCs C (December 29, 2015)
- Skiing ABCs B (December 27, 2015)
- Skiing ABCs A (December 25, 2015)
- Skiing ABCs (December 25, 2015)