I wrote this piece for The Wisconsin Skier V1.0 back in January of 2006 while my wife and I were vacationing in the Philippines, most likely I was in Cebu at the time at the nearby internet cafe. The update referring to MNL time means Manila time.
Here are the top 10 things a skier does while burning snow on a tropical vacation during ski season.
- Explain again and again about how one really is serious about missing the snow.
- Drink beer (San Miquel in this case.) duh!
- Gripe about the warm almost hot weather
- Write silly top-ten lists
- Go water skiing.
- Imagine skiing down the lush green hills you do see
- Worry about getting the value out of the season’s pass with one less month of skiing
- Wonder if skiing is all its cracked up to be.
- Try to explain to people how dressing up in umpteen layers to go out in weather that makes the freezer seem hot and go down a snow covered hill on two boards (that sometimes have their own will) at breakneck speeds really is fun!
And there you have it folks, the top ten thing skier does during the ski season on a tropical vacation!
Update 1/4/2006 8:27 MNL time I forgot this one: Goes to the local Shoe Mart to ski on the video arcade game.